Built ca. 1848, the frame Greek Revival-style house features a detailed, side-lighted front doorway with a decorative cornice above. First built for Nathan Parker and then owned by the Newell family from 1857 to 1954, the house was "pebble-dashed" (stuccoed) in 1932. It was rehabilitated with an addition added in 1977 by the McDonnell family, the present owner.
The residence is located across from the southwest corner of the Cooksville Public Square and has four bedrooms and two bathrooms, along with two workshop rooms (one attached to the garage and one in the house basement).
The owners are seeking a buyer that appreciates a historic home located in a village established in 1842 and now a historic district listed in the National and State Registers of Historic Places, as well as in a locally-designated Historic Conservation District.
For further information, contact Scott McDonnell at (715) 446-0867.
* * * * * *